Thursday, July 2, 2009

The best exam ever.

How are you?

It's a nice question, the how are you. It allows for great scope and breadth in its answer. This means that the answer is often only one word.

If someone wrote down "how are you" as the only question in an exam, then there would be a riot of students storming the buildings like it was a windmill in Frankenstein.

I think I would give up a kidney to read the answers that students submitted.

What I would submit:

EXAM:
Question One (Worth 100%... ahahahahahaaa!): How are you?

Did you know that recent estimates put the number of galaxies in the universe at around two hundred billion?

I can't even begin to fathom how large one galaxy is. (I can't even fathom it in fathoms.)

The fact is, I can't even comprehend the size of the solar system that we are in.

And when it comes down to it, I am entirely unable to wrap my mind around how fast a Boeing 747 can fly.

That plane can travel at over one thousand kilometres per hour.

To reach the edge of our solar system, I would have to fly that plane for well over three million years.

When I got to the edge of the solar system, our sun wouldn't even be the brightest star visible.

It would be lost in a mess of three hundred billion stars that shine in our galaxy.

Then to go on ( I am glad I brought a picnic), to travel to the edge of the galaxy in my plane, that would take a certain number of years.

It would take an even bigger number of seconds.

I can make this number is an insignificant number. I can make this number the smallest, most irrelevant number, there is.

By comparing it to the probability of my life existing.

So let me tell you how I am.

I am fantastic.

How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment