Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A verse.

I just ate a unicorn.

Apparently, I didn't.

My brother just told me,

That I can't say "unicorn"

When I mean "One kernel of corn".

I think he's right.

"And, even if you didn't have a brother,

You wouldn't be a unison," says he.

That too? Damn.

"And you know King Ted?"

"Of course I know King Ted," I reply...

..."He has his own kingdom. Obviously."

He nods wisely.

I say, "And there is only one of him." (Triumph).

Says he, "There isn't any of him." (Less triumph).

My brother continues, "I can show you on this atlas.

"It is a regional mass comprised of

England,

Scotland,

Nothern Ireland

and Wales."

"It says right there," says I, "A Ted Kingdom."

He shakes his head.

I begin to extrapolate my growing understanding of language and think.

"And the adorable picture I have as my desktop background..." says I, defeatedly.

... "That was taken last year at the north pole?"

"Those two animals can, under no circumstances," says he, "Be called bipolar bears."

Nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment