Sunday, May 24, 2009

The list that sneaks down below you.

The new Google thing.

What I like to call, 'predictive search'. Where it comes up with the most common things that people have typed into Google.
I find it absolutely entracing that it has been implemented. I get the strangest feeling that in those lists are the answers to all of human psychology and all I need to do is type in the right words.

Speaking of the right words, the words that we most struggle with as humanity and need a handy internet to define:
1) Culture
2) Ethics
3) Globilization
Impressive, in my opinion. Really open questions that can give broad, overarching answers involving philosophy, politics and actually are probably just a massive bunch of schoolkids looking to copy and paste some homework answers.

"Deine", which for those who don't know German, is the possesive pronoun, "Your".
Hilariously:
2) mutter.
Which, for those who don't know German [And have never talked to a teenager nor have a sense of logic], means "mother".

"what is":
3) What is Twitter?
A fair question.
Twitter is this: Texting in reverse. You can choose who to get messages from but not who your messages go to. It makes sense because of entropy.
4) What is love?
Awh. Isn't humanity so sweet. Even though Twitter is slightly more important.

"An elephant is":
3) Bigger than the moon.
4) Soft and mushy.
Google is either a liar. Or a hilarious prankster. Or mentally insane.
I think Google is mentally insane. If I had Three trillion websites inside my head, I'd be insane too.

"How many":
1) How many weeks pregnant am I?
Aha.

"Google is"
2) Your friend.
Awh.

If I knew the internet was going to be this nice to me, I would have typed my inane thoughts into it years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment